This course covers ways in which volunteers can be recruited and how to develop a recruitment plan.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Know the elements required for an effective volunteer recruitment plan and what must under-pin it
- Understand the methods available for recruiting volunteers and their pros and cons
- Have an appreciation of how to make a recruitment campaign effective, both inside and outside the organisation
- Understand monitoring and evaluation
- Develop an action plan to apply within the organisation
The programme for this one-day training course is as follows:
10.00 Introductions, what do we want to get out of the day and domestic announcements
10.15 Session 1: The volunteer management cycle and planning for a recruitment campaign
11.15 Session 2: Exercise; What are the pros and cons of the different ways of recruiting volunteers?
12.45 Lunch & networking
13.30 Session 3: Six things that make recruitment campaigns successful
14.30 Session 4: How to do it even better next time – monitoring and evaluation
15.30 Next steps; action lists, summary and feedback
16.00 (approx) Close
The next time this course is running is 30th May 2013 . The venue is the Business Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2DX which is about 20 minutes out of Kings Cross and close to Junction 7 of the A1M. Please see here for details.To book a place on this course, please complete the online booking form here. Note; this link will take you to another website and you will have to press the back arrow to continue browsing on this site.
For full details of the cost of courses, see charges for training courses
To receive a monthly update of interesting stories, links to useful organisations, emerging thinking around change proofing™ and Franklin-Hart news, subscribe to our newsletter here.