This course covers the elements of planning as they apply in the third sector as opposed to the public or private sectors. It is ideal for professionals looking to make the change into the charity world or those wishing to volunteer as charity trustees.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Be familiar with the effects of a social mission on the planning cycle
- Understand the additional issues when undertaking a risk analysis in a voluntary or community context
- Have undertaken a SWOT or STEEP analysis for a third sector organisation and appreciate the differences and similarities between this and business scanning
- Appreciate the nature of stake-holder management in a voluntary or community organisation
- Develop a personal action plan to develop these skills further
The programme for this one-day training course is as follows:
10.00 Introductions, what do we want to get out of the day and domestic announcements
10.15 Session 1: Your mission (should you choose to accept it) and planning for the future
11.15 Session 2: Exercise: STEEP or SWOT analysis for a third sector case-study
12.45 Lunch & networking
13.30 Session 3: Understanding risk and risk management
14.30 Session 4: Networking and influencing; making the plan work
15.30 Next steps; action lists, summary and feedback
16.00 (approx) Close
The next time this course is running is 2nd May 2013 . The venue is the Business Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2DX which is about 20 minutes out of Kings Cross and close to Junction 7 of the A1M. Please see here for details.To book a place on this course, please complete the online booking form here. Note; this link will take you to another website and you will have to press the back arrow to continue browsing on this site.
For full details of the cost of courses, see charges for training courses
To receive a monthly update of interesting stories, links to useful organisations, emerging thinking around change proofing™ and Franklin-Hart news, subscribe to our newsletter here.