This course covers the planning cycle and its levels from the strategic to the departmental to team-level to do lists. It looks at monitoring the performance of plans and keeping a weather eye on the external environment.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Understand the importance of the planning cycle to delivering frontline services
- Be able to identify and apply the basic techniques involved including for monitoring the external environment
- Have reviewed their own organisation’s practice and identified areas for further work
- Understand how to monitor performance against the plans and how to evaluate progress
- Develop an action plan to apply within the organisation
The programme for this one-day training course is as follows:
10.00 Introductions, what do we want to get out of the day and domestic announcements
10.15 Session 1: The planning cycle; strategy to services
11.15 Session 2: Strategic planning tools; looking inside and out
12.45 Lunch & networking
13.30 Session 3: Dusting off your plans; onwards and upwards
14.30 Session 4: Monitoring and evaluation of progress
15.30 Next steps; action lists, summary and feedback
16.00 (approx) Close
The next time this course is running is 3rd April 2013. The venue is the Business Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2DX which is about 20 minutes out of Kings Cross and close to Junction 7 of the A1M. Please see here for details.To book a place on this course, please complete the online booking form here. Note; this link will take you to another website and you will have to press the back arrow to continue browsing on this site.
For full details of the cost of courses, see charges for training courses
To receive a monthly update of interesting stories, links to useful organisations, emerging thinking around change proofing™ and Franklin-Hart news, subscribe to our newsletter here.