When change happens, or when opportunity knocks; it often means creating new volunteer roles and integrating them with existing ones. This is about developing these as well as managing recruitment, selection and induction for the new roles.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Understand the volunteer management cycle and how it relates to the strategic aims of the organisation
- Understand techniques for identifying the need and developing the role accordingly
- Know what elements to include in a volunteer role – and what not to
- Appreciate how to integrate the new role with existing volunteers and how to include it in the recruitment systems
- Develop an action plan to apply within the organisation
The programme for this one-day training course is as follows:
10.00 Introductions, what do we want to get out of the day and domestic announcements
10.15 Session 1: Identifying need
11.15 Session 2: The volunteer management cycle
12.45 Lunch & networking
13.30 Session 3: Elements of volunteer roles
14.30 Session 4: New roles for old
15.30 Next steps; action lists, summary and feedback
16.00 (approx) Close
The next time this course is running is 21st May 2013. The venue is the Business Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2DX which is about 20 minutes out of Kings Cross and to Junction 7 of the A1M. Please see here for details. To book a place on this course, please complete the online booking form here. Note; this link will take you to another website and you will have to press the back arrow to continue browsing on this site.
For full details of the cost of courses, see charges for training courses
To receive a monthly update of interesting stories, links to useful organisations, emerging thinking around change proofing™ and Franklin-Hart news, subscribe to our newsletter here.