This course covers the basics of why voluntary and community organisations deliver their mission using volunteers. It is ideal for anyone wanting to enter the charity sector as a professional, volunteer or trustee.
By the end of the course participants should:
- Appreciate the sorts of roles volunteers play and what this contributes to organisations
- Understand what motivates people to volunteer, the pattern of volunteering nationally and what they get out of it
- Be able to describe the volunteer management cycle and why each phase is important
- Know the basics of volunteer agreements, key policies and legal requirements
- Have developed a personal action plan for developing this knowledge
The programme for this one-day training course is as follows:
10.00 Introductions, what do we want to get out of the day and domestic announcements
10.15 Session 1: Volunteers and the roles they play; richness and diversity
11.15 Session 2: The volunteer management cycle – why each element is important
12.45 Lunch & networking
13.30 Session 3: Managing volunteers; motivation and reward
14.30 Session 4: Legal & policy requirements for volunteer schemes
15.30 Next steps; action lists, summary and feedback
16.00 (approx) Close
The next time this course is running is 9th April 2013 . The venue is the Business Technology Centre, Bessemer Drive, Stevenage, Herts SG1 2DX which is about 20 minutes out of Kings Cross and close to Junction 7 of the A1M. Please see here for details.To book a place on this course, please complete the online booking form here. Note; this link will take you to another website and you will have to press the back arrow to continue browsing on this site.
For full details of the cost of courses, see charges for training courses
To receive a monthly update of interesting stories, links to useful organisations, emerging thinking around change proofing™ and Franklin-Hart news, subscribe to our newsletter here.